01/03/2017 GFSCI Milestones
Significant progress has been made in the GFSCI process to date:
- Distribution and analysis of global surveys benchmarking the current status of food safety education,
- Establishment of a GFSCI Steering Committee,
- targeting by the Steering Committee of 21 foundational core curricula subjects (based on global surveys, questionnaires, and analysis of other curricula review processes and content),
- establishment of an expert Working Group for each subject,
- Working Group collaboration for subject curricula development,
- submission of subject curricula summaries,
- regional consultations.
Regional consultations will be continue in 2017 to ensure that each subject reflects specific regional realities and requirements before being finalized.